Sunday, November 18, 2007

A Minor Disagreement

The Cottonmouth blog, a progressive site based in Mississippi, presents a roundup of a recent debate about our coverage of the Paul Minor case.

Editor John Leek notes that he had asked Matthew Krell, a law student, to present an analysis of my coverage on the Minor case. Then Leek presents my two-part response to Krell's piece.

All in all, I would say this was a healthy exchange. Leek notes that the first part of my response could be interpreted as disrespectful of Mr. Krell. I was aware as I was putting it together that it could be seen that way, but it certainly was not intended that way. I do think generational differences were at the heart of our different approaches to the Minor story. And somehow, the "My Common Enemy" episode of Scrubs came to mind.

I should point out that in "My Common Enemy" it's the older guys (Drs. Kelso and Cox, representing me) who get intellectually bested by the young lady (Dr. Clock, representing Mr. Krell). I guess the Scrubs reference was meant to poke fun at yours truly, as much as anything else.

Anyway, I'm glad that Cottonmouth, The Natchez Blog, and the Jackson Free Press all are focusing intently on the Minor case these days.

2 comments:

John Wesley Leek said...

I did enjoy the Scrubs clip.

Keep up the good work.

Anonymous said...

I like your "tone" Schnauzer. We need more "tone" like yours.